I believe everyone needs a good chocolate mousse recipe in their repertoire. An uncomplicated dessert that you can prepare ahead and never disappoints in my experience.
This recipe includes a very decadent Baileys cream, incredibly rich a small dollop goes along way, the cream is a wonderful addition on those special occasions.
I prefer to use dark chocolate although I have made this recipe with milk chocolate, it just doesn’t give the same punch in my view.
Serves: 4 Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 50 grams castor sugar
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- 60 grams butter
- 250 mls cream, lightly whipped
- 100 grams mascapone
- 35 mls Baileys
- 15 grams castor sugar
- Beat the eggs and sugar (50 grams) until light and fluffy.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl sitting above boiling water (or in the microwave) until fully melted and combined, stir constantly. Ensure the water does not meet the bowl and this can overheat the chocolate.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the eggs and sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Add the lightly whipped cream, stir through and mix completely.
Place in serving bowl or individual bowls as you prefer and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. You can make this the day before, or even two!
Mix the mascarpone and sugar, once completely combined add the Baileys Cream.